Togetherness. That’s what leads to lasting memories you and your family will cherish.
In the summertime, families gather at Marietta Aquatic Center for splash time. The multi-faceted water park is fun for kids of all ages. Toddler time in the shallows and dashing through a pirate ship are made of warm summer days. Everyone loves tube time in the lazy river. This kind of flow will leave you relaxed and renewed.
Family friendly festivals are yours for the choosing. Look for Harmar Days and Earth Day on the calendar. Be sure to bring the kids out for the corn eating contest and cornhole contest during the Sweetcorn Festival. Inland Waterways Festival is another hugely popular kid friendly, family festival.
Be sure to remember the playgrounds. Washington County abounds with parks, playgrounds and picnic areas. L.E. Huck & Sons Farm Market will pack the lunch, you pack the fun! When it’s time for something cool, Kreamy Kreations and Whit’s Frozen Custard will chill you out. And, if it is a sweet treat you are looking for Putnam Chocolates always brings smiles.
In the fall, visit Sweetapple Farm for corn maze walking, pumpkin painting, scarecrow building, and hay riding good times. Hidden Hills is for apple picking, cider drinking, and apple butter stirring kind of fun.
Here are some other ideas for fun things to experience with your family in the area:
- Valley Gem Sternwheeler
- Anderson Hancock Planetarium
- Hidden Hills Orchard
- Sweetapple Farm
- Blennerhassett Island
- Holiday in the Park
- Marietta Aquatic Center
- The Wilds
- Lafayette Comedy Club
Family friendly parks
- Broughton Nature and Wildlife Area
- City Bike Trails
- Kroger Wetlands
- Ohio River Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Wayne National Forest
- Muskingum Park
- Muskingum River Water Trail
- North Country National Scenic Trail
- Marietta Arboretum
- Veto Lake
- Buckeye Parks
- Washington County Career Center Trail
- Barlow Fairgrounds, Ohio St Rt 339 and Ohio Route 550, Barlow
- Buckeye Park, Faye Avenue, Marietta 740-373-1616
- Dodge Park, Park Street, Beverly
- Civitan Park, Blennerhassett Avenue, Belpre 740-423-7592
- Depot Park, Depot Street, Belpre 740-423-7592
- Ferguson Park, Grandview Avenue, New Matamoras
- Flanders Field, Harmar Street and Clinton Avenue, Marietta 740-373-1616
- Howes Grove Park, Washington Blvd, Belpre 740-423-7592
- Reno Community Center, Sandhill Road, Reno
- Washington Park, Fifth and Washington Streets, Marietta 740-373-1616