- Campus Martius Museum (Highway to History)
- The Adelphia Music Hall (Lovers’ Lane)
The Queen of the Mississippi and American Duchess
Tuesday, July 2nd at 2:30 p.m. Queen of the Mississippi
Saturday, July 6th at 9 a.m. Queen of the Mississippi
Saturday July 20th American Duchess
Monday, July 22nd at 2:30 p.m. Queen of the Mississippi
Friday, July 26th at 9 a.m.The American Queen
Ohio River Museum– 9:30am- 3:30pm- $7
The Ohio River Museum in Marietta is pleased to exhibit the extensive collection of the Sons & Daughters of Pioneer River men. While you tour, discover the golden age of the steamboat and learn more about the ecology of the Ohio River system.
- Lock Cruises July 14th 12-3pm- $22
- Narrated sightseeing tour 12-1:30pm $14
Enjoy Captain’s commentary as you cruise rivers once navigated by George Washington. Our Portside Café menu is available for lunch.
Basilica of Saint Mary of the Assumption – Father Mike tells the rich history of the first church service of the Northwest Territory, the pioneers struggle to keep the church out of the flood waters and the historic restoration of the church and its journey to minor basilica status.
- Time: 60 minutes
Cost: recommend donation to the church.
Peoples Bank Theatre – The historic Peoples Bank Theatre has been a major force in the cultural scene of Marietta, Ohio, for generations. Opened May 9, 1919, as the new Hippodrome Theatre and later renovated and renamed as The Colony Theatre in 1949, Peoples Bank Theatre today hosts the widest variety of live entertainment in the region in a beautifully renovated 940-seat facility, located at Putnam and Third streets in the heart of historic downtown Marietta.
- Time: 60 minutes
Scott’s Super Adventures
- If you want a new way to look at the Marietta Area, jump on one of Scott’s Super Adventure’s Segway tours and enjoy the area on wheels!
$40-60, 1-2 hours
Marietta Adventure Company
- Marietta Adventure Company is a locally owned business and includes all the knowledge on the great outdoors, including info on the regional trail systems and waterways of Marietta. Rent a bicycle to hit the trails, or a kayak for the afternoon to paddle down the rivers and creeks and take in the beauty of our river town. Located at 219 Second Street, the MAC is ready to help you find the adventure in Marietta!
$30-$55 Kayak rental and shuttle, 1-7 hours depending on your trip
The Castle ($7.00)
Experience the history of our beautifully preserved, 1855 Gothic-Revival house by touring our site. Learn about fascinating stories from the local history of one of the oldest regions in the Northwest Territory. Engage in history presented in new ways through our innovative programming. The Castle offers something for everyone.
Take the Trolley Tour first and learn all there is to enjoy in beautiful, historic Marietta, Ohio. Your guide tells stories about the early pioneers who founded Marietta and introduces you to this historic town at the confluence of the Ohio and Muskingum Rivers: its earthworks, museums and historic homes
June: Friday & Saturday 10:00 a.m.
July: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 10:00 a.m.
Pack a picnic lunch or grab lunch to go from one of our many stellar downtown restaurants! Marietta Brewing Company, Third Street Deli, Tampicos, The Original Pizza Place, Marietta Wine Cellars, Star of India, etc
Food with a River View
Boathouse BBQ Restaurant 11am-10pm
Riviera at the Valley Gem- opens at 4-9 pm
Riverfront Bar & Grill at The Lafayette