Thank you for your interest in Marietta-Washington County! We host a wide variety of writers and journalists on assignment and can fully customize your trip to meet your specific needs.
Please submit a request that includes the following information
- Name(s) of journalists and/or photographer
- Mailing Address
- Contact Information
- Arrival date, length of visit, departure date
- Article specific information:
- Name of targeted publication(s)
- Letter of assignment (if working for a specific publication)
- Types of activities or special interest/focus of story
The Marietta-Washington County CVB will provide the following services to approved travel writers:
- Accommodations – The CVB will provide complimentary rooms for up to two nights for writers on assignment. If the writer is not on assignment, it is up to the individual property to decide if services will be complimentary or at a reduced rate.
- Press Pass – The CVB will offer passes for writers and photographers on assignment for local events/attraction costs. Passes are subject to availability from the business owner. Cost incurred by family members and/or friends traveling with the writer/photographer will not be paid for by the CVB.
- Transportation – The writer/photographer will be responsible for their own transportation while in Marietta-Washington County unless otherwise approved. Rental cars are the responsibility of the writer, but a list of local rental companies will be supplied if requested.
- Meals will not be provided by the CVB. It is up to the individual businesses to decide if meals will be complimentary or at a reduced rate upon the writer’s request.
- Tear sheets on any subsequent stories on the Marietta-Washington County area are to be provided to the CVB upon publication.