|Address||222 1/2 Putnam Street
Marietta, OH 45750
This Hippodrome Theatre opened on Putnam Street in 1919 as a live preformance theatre with a seating capacity of 1000. The theatre was a destination for traveling live acts, plays, magic latern projections, and silent moving pictures accompanied by a live orchestra. In 1949, the theatre underwent major renovations and was renamed The Colony Theatre. The Colony was primarily a movie house until it closed in 1985.
Resoration is underway at the Historic Colony Theatre! Look for the opening of a fully restored theatre and preforming arts center in the future!